Have you been in your family home for 40 years, and have now decided that it is time to move to a smaller, easier to manage location?
Are your kids getting older and it’s time to sort through all the outgrown stuff to make room for your current lives?
Does your parent need to move from their family home and you’re overwhelmed by the prospect of dealing with all the stuff? Are you not willing or able to use weeks of vacation time to go through the stuff?
Your Next Chapter is here to help.
I am a librarian by training who had to decide what to do with my next chapter of life. I returned to Ann Arbor in 2016 after a 10 year absence and no longer wanted to pursue a career as a librarian. After exploring options, I landed on a combination of de-cluttering, moving help and concierge services – combining my organization skills with interests in selling items online, along with a librarian’s natural need to help people.
- De-cluttering a room, a basement, or an entire house one zone at a time.
- Helping to organize what is left, ideally using things you already have but also suggesting purchases to make life easier to manage.
- For people who are downsizing and moving to a smaller home: helping to decide what needs to move, what needs to be sold or donated, and helping to execute those processes. Also helping with shipping items to other family members as needed.
- Concierge services include setting up any electronics and technology needed: TV’s, DVD players, cable boxes, wifi, computers, etc; waiting for repair people; taking care of things that you’d rather not do but need someone trustworthy to handle.
- Access to my extensive network of local service providers for everything from house cleaners to digitization of family memories.
Ready to move to the next chapter?
*** COVID-19 notice: I take precautions very seriously and am very cautious in my life outside of work. I will always be masked inside your home. I am triple-vaccinated as of August 30, 2021.